Help again!! "Cannot start FTP server.Permission denied

Need help with the Free CrossFTP server? In this forum you may find the answer.

Moderator: manage

Postby alex » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:21 pm

Thanks for your feedback.
As to the permission problem, you can try to change the default FTP port from 21 to a number bigger than 1024 (Configure -> General -> Port). By default Linux system forbids you to bind a small-number port, and it seems that only root can bypass this problem. Hope this solves your problem.
alex

Re: Help again!! "Cannot start FTP server.Permission denied

Postby jhurilla » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:52 am

How do I integrate a ftp client in my web site for visiters to transfer files and folders? I have found many java applets for this, however since I need to use this for commercial use it ends up costing an arm and a leg. Is there another way to do this besides with an applet that does not require me .bbspam.com anything, or if I have to, do you know of a cost effective company offering one of these applets for commercial use? I would just like a way for clients to upload folders with files via ftp.
Last edited by jhurilla on Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
jhurilla

Postby alex » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:08 am

Thanks for your question. Yes, there are a number of Java applets for doing the FTP stuffs. However, many of them stop updates for a while. If you want the high quality one with support to solve your headaches, you can have a look at our CrossFTP Web Applet product. It is good for its high quality, fast support, and reasonable price. We will guide you step by step to get your FTP clients working. Since the price is an important criteria for you, can you drop us an email (tell us the end user number) to sales@crossftp.com, and we will try to provide you a reasonable quote to see if it meets your budget.
CrossFTP Software
http://www.crossftp.com/
alex

Postby startmeng0215 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:28 am

I would like o listen to another result. Waiting for it online.
startmeng0215

Return to Server - Public Support